Award-winning literary travel magazine Nowhere is accepting submissions for our annual Spring Travel Writing Prize. We are looking for novice and veteran writers of any stripe to send us stories
Award-winning literary travel magazine Nowhere is accepting submissions for our annual Spring Travel Writing Prize. We are looking for novice and veteran writers of any stripe to send us stories that possess a powerful sense of people, place and time. Every submission will be read blind, so anyone can win!
- Entries may be fiction, nonfiction, poetry or essay, but please indicate which genre at the top of your manuscript.
- Stories should run between eight hundred and five thousand words. Poetry may be any length, and several poems, themed together, may be submitted as one entry.
- Entries must be submitted in English, though authors may be located anywhere in the universe.
- Previously published work is eligible. Please indicate this, with proper attribution details, in your cover letter.
- Entries must not previously have been chosen the winner of any contest.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please indicate this in your cover letter. If your submission is awarded another prize during this contest period, please withdraw your entry.
- Multiple entries from a single author, submitted individually, are welcome.
- Please leave off any identifying information from your attachment—no names, contact information, etc. We intend to read every submission totally blind.
- Please do not insert graphics, images or video into your attachment. Please use a widely available font (Arial, Times New Roman, Helvetica, etc.) in 12-point size, with spacing set to 1.5 or 2 and with 1-inch margins.