The annual Accenti Writing Contest has an open topic. Multiple entries are welcome. The contest is open to prose works of fiction, non-fiction or creative non-fiction with a maximum length
The annual Accenti Writing Contest has an open topic. Multiple entries are welcome. The contest is open to prose works of fiction, non-fiction or creative non-fiction with a maximum length of 2000 words. Winners are chosen by blind judging. Four finalists make the shortlist, from which the judges choose the winner. The popular vote winner is the submission from among the four finalists that receives the most votes by Accenti readers. Winners’ names, bios and submissions will be posted on Accenti in May and reported in the Accenti Newsletter.
- Each entry must incorporate the theme of Local Heroines.
- From the time of submission, entries become the property of the National Youth Foundation and will not be returned.
- All students must be in grades K to 8 and live in the United States.
- Both the text and art must be solely created by the students. Typed text is preferred, but not required.
- One book entry per person.
- Each submission must include one page of art for each page of text, except for the cover, back and dedication pages. The back and dedication pages are optional.
- Each book must be between 20 and 30 pages. The cover, dedication and back pages do not count towards this number
- The book entry must be postmarked by January 6, 2020.
- An entry form must be submitted with each book entry
- Individual entry forms must be signed by each student participant and their parent or legal guardian.
- Students can work individually or in teams (maximum of 22 students).
- The book must be submitted in the order of publication.
- The pages should be numbered on the back in light pencil.
- All pages must be submitted on 8 ½” x 11″ or 9″ x 12″ paper.
- Mail your complete entry to: National Youth Foundation, 873 East Baltimore Pike, Box #644, Kennett Square, PA 19348
- The winners will be announced on our website on or before March 26, 2020.