$1,500 and publication in Boulevard awarded to the winning story by a writer who has not yet published a book of fiction, poetry, or creative non-fiction with a nationally distributed
$1,500 and publication in Boulevard awarded to the winning story by a writer who has not yet published a book of fiction, poetry, or creative non-fiction with a nationally distributed press.
The 2019 contest will open for submissions on August 1, 2019.
- All entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2019 or submitted online by midnight CT.
- Entry fee is $16 for each individual story, with no limit per author, and includes a one-year subscription. Make checks payable to Boulevard.
- Author’s name, address, and telephone number, in addition to the story’s title and “Boulevard Emerging Writers Contest,” should appear on page one.
- Manuscripts should be typed and double spaced.
- Cover sheets are not necessary.
- No manuscripts will be returned.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but previously accepted or published work is ineligible.
- We accept works up to 8,000 words.
- All entries will be considered for publication and for payment at our regular rates.
- Entries will be judged by the editors of Boulevard.
- No one editorially or financially affiliated with Boulevard can enter the contest.
- The winning story will be first announced on the website, traditionally during June, though occasionally earlier, and then published in the follow issue of Boulevard.
- Mail submissions to Boulevard Emerging Writers Contest, PMB 325, 6614 Clayton Road, Richmond Heights, MO 63117 or submit online.