The Winter Short Story Award judged by Kimberly King Parsons is NOW OPEN for submissions. Submissions will close on January 31st. The winning story will be awarded $3000 and publication online.
The Winter Short Story Award judged by Kimberly King Parsons is NOW OPEN for submissions. Submissions will close on January 31st. The winning story will be awarded $3000 and publication online. Second and third place stories will be awarded publication and $300 and $200 respectively. All winners and honorable mentions will receive agency review by: Nat Sobel from Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello from The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison from Writers House, Sarah Fuentes from Fletcher & Company and Samantha Fingerhut from Compass Talent. We want you to succeed, and we want your writing to be read. It’s been our mission to support emerging writers since day one.
- Winner receives $3000, publication, and agency review
- Second and third place prizes ($300 / $200, publication, and agency review)
- Stories under 6000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Translations allowed, providing the story has not been published in another language
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with asmall circulation are welcome to submit. Writers with novels published with a circulation of fewer than 5000 copies can also submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- Deadline: January 31, 2020
- Please no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication